Review of our Year
2008 year of new beginnings , Number 8 speaks of new beginnings.
Ephesians 5:14-15 Therefore He says awake, O sleeper and arise from the dead, and Christ shall shine upon you and give you light. Look carefully how you walk, Live purposefully, worthily and accurately, not as the unwise and witless but as the wise.
Gen 8:16-22-Gen 9:1-21
Noah and His family were in the ark for approx. 377days. During this time There was no multiplication, no birthing, no new life. Noah was in the ark a type of womb. You and I go through seasons in our life where we are in a spiritual womb.
But God remembered Noah and God made a wind blow(say He remembers me, and the wind has been blowing in 2008. The wind(breath, word of God) has been blowing on the water(trials) in your life and those things which use to be have dried up and many of us have stepped into new things, new beginnings. (Fit in here new beginnings from congregation)
God has cycles. He has a weekly cycle, 6 days work, seventh day rest. He has a monthly cycle, and yearly cycle, 7 festivals of the The Lord. From Gen8, new beginnings God shows us a cycle through Noah.
1) step in the cycle (ReadVs20). Built an altar to the Lord( Passover)
When we step into a new beginning we must build an altar. The altar in the Word speaks of Worship. We must be in a place(position) of worship. Noah worshiped God Worship speaks of obedience.
When I am in true worship, I am in obedience.
From a position of Worship we can step into the next phase of the Lord’s cycle.
2) Noah had built an altar and upon that altar he sacrificed every clean animal, and of every clean fowl. This speaks to us that when we are in a place of worship(obedience) our hearts are clean, our minds are clean, and we are standing in His righteousness. We move from a place of obedience to a place of sacrifice. Obedience is better than sacrifice. When I am in Obedience to Him I will sacrifice. Romans 12:1 I appeal to you therefore brethren in view of the mercies of God , to make a decisive dedication of your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy(devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable service and spiritual worship.
Make a decisive dedication(be in obedience) We are called to be living sacrifices. Pure obedience leads to pure sacrifice.
Out of sacrifice comes
3) a pleasing odour, Without sacrifice there is no odour or fragrance. Without obedience there is no sacrifice. So when you and I worship, and sacrifice our living bodies God begins to smell a pleasing aroma or odour.
Song of songs 4: Awake, o north wind and come south wind , blow upon my garden, that the spices may flow out in abundance. Let the beloved come into his garden and eat his pleasant fruits.
The next step in the cycle as we move from fragrance we step into the blessing.
4) Is the blessing -----------(pentecost) ( Ephesians 1: 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed(empowered) us with all spiritual (empowerment)blessings in heavenly places in Christ.)
It says in 9:1 God pronounced a blessing upon Noah and His sons and said to them be fruitful, multiply and fill the earth.
The word blessing means an empowerment - God pronounced, spoke the blessing the empourment to be fruitful, to multiply and to fill the earth.
Without true sacrifice there is not blessing or empowerment, without true sacrifice there is no true obedience.
God wants to speak a blessing and empower you as we close out 2008 and step into 2009.
“And you be fruitful, multiply, bring forth abundantly on the earth and multiply on it.”
(possibly fit in some new beginnings from congregation)
5) covenant promises.
It says in vs 9 Behold I establish my covenant with you and your descendants(fruit, your multiplication)
And God releases a rainbow—the rainbow a symbol of God’s promises
6) With the empowerment comes His promises, but in order to live in the blessing, and with the blessing we must cultivate some things in our lives.
We must cultivate the soil of our heart, we must develop, we must foster, in our relationship with the Lord, We must cultivate (till, improve, refine, foster) the soil :
Of our purpose
Of our vision,
Of our mindsets
Of our speech,
Of our attitudes,
Of our actions,
7) from cultivation comes planting:
vs 20 We must plant(establish, settle, deposit, nail, glue) the seeds of His kingdom, new seeds, new plants, new growth, with renewed purpose, renewed vision, renewed mindsets, renewed speech, renewed attitudes, and renewed actions. We are stepping into a time of growth, a time of maturation, and a time of reproduction. The Lord has put us in a womb and has developed a people who are living in His Kingdom.
8) from planting comes harvest ( Tabernacles)
When a plant matures it produces fruit, When we plant the right seeds, the right plants are produced, when the right plants grow they produce the right fruit. We reap what we have sown, I hope you are reaping from the right plants, this has been God’s plan from the beginning of this year and will continue in 2009. God is looking for proceeds from His investments, He has invested a lot in you and he would like a return on His investment. Will you reap for His Kingdom in 2009.
9) from harvest to feasting-
From fruit comes eating, God wants to feast with us in His Kingdom. The word feast speaks of a rich, abundant meal, to dwell with gratification or delight. Psalm 37:3-6.
From feasting back to the altar, we start the cycle all over again. (come full circle) Jewish year 5769- samek teth,
We must continue to go through this cycle, it is a never ending cycle, there is always more obedience required, more sacrifice of our bodies to be given, more blessings to be had, more promises to receive, more soil that needs cultivating, more seeds to be planted, more harvests to occur, and more feasting to come until we eat with Him at the marriage supper.
Will you arise, shine, and dine in 2009.
Kingdom Speech Handout
My mouth the body will be cleansed as my heart or Spirit man is connected, twisted and intertwined with Christ. My mouth will be a vessel that allows the power of my tongue and the fruit of my lips to speak forth speech that is with kingdom purpose, speech that is worthy , and speech that is accurate. I am being transformed into the mind of Christ and I am also being transformed in my mouth to speak kingdom speech.