Testimony of the General Assembly
Why do people stand when a judge enters the courtroom?
- to honour the judge and show a general atmosphere of honour
- Heb 12:23 general assembly means a universal companionship
- Rev 7:9-12 gives a glimpse of what this looks like
- worship is a part of the courts of heaven
- when we worship we take our place in the general assembly in the courts of heaven
Through worship, do we ascend to heaven or does God come down to us?
- when we worship we enter into governmental authority with the courts of heaven
- Rev 5:8-14 - What is happening here.
Where does worship originate? h
- we need to join ourselves to that worship
Tabernacle of David
2 Sam 2:16 - What did David do?
- to be effective in the courts of heaven we need to become worshippers
- our worship needs to be connected to what is going on around God’s throne
- John 4:23-24 - What is it telling us?