The books of heaven chronicle the purpose of God for people, families, churches, businesses all the way up to nations.
Daniel 7:10 - A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment [Aramiac - Hebrew equivalent can also imply a tribunal] was set, and the books were opened.
- the courts of Heaven were seated and then the books were opened
Psa. 139:16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect [unwrapped, unformed mass, as an embryo]; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
(NET) Your eyes saw me when I was inside the womb. All the days ordained for me were recorded in your scroll before one of them came into existence.
- each of us has a book in heaven
- it was written before we were born
- it documents our destinies
v 7 - Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
- even Jesus had a book
Eph. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
- if there are works in which we should walk and ordained, they must me recorded somewhere
- when we prophesy we can speak both into the earthly and heavenly realms
- when we prophecy, we are not just speaking to the earthly realm, but we are picking up and discerning the present testimony of Jesus in the courts of Heaven
- Rev. 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony [evidence given] of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy
What is the origin of these books?
- from the counsel of the Lord
- Jer 23:18 - For who hath stood in the counsel [a session, i.e. company of persons (in close deliberation)] of the LORD, and hath perceived and heard his word? who hath marked his word, and heard it?
- clearly God has counsels
- Gen 1:26 - Let us - another counsel
- 2Tim. 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
- His purpose and grace for us was there from the time the world began
- purpose is what is written in the books of Heaven
- grace is the empowerment to bring into the realities of earth
- before we existed in the earth there was a book about us existing in heaven